Connections Family History research is run by historian and genealogist Caroline Haigh. I use traditional and genetic genealogical research techniques to resolve family history questions and uncover family history stories. I am particularly interested in interpreting DNA matches to explore deeper into a family tree and to confirm a paper trail.
I am a sixth-generation Tasmanian with a particular interest in Tasmanian Colonial-era and convict history, especially as it impacted women and children. I am a current member of the Cascades Female Factory Consultative Committee and a former committee member of both the Female Convicts Research Centre and the Friends of the Orphan Schools Inc. I hold several post-graduate tertiary qualifications, as well as a Diploma of Family History (UTAS). I have completed DNA courses run by the American National Genealogical Society and the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow). Genealogy and DNA-testing is an area of constant change. I am committed to continual professional development in these areas.
As a member of the Professional Historians’ Association (VIC/TAS) and the Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents (AAGRA), I adhere to their Code of Ethics and professional standards.
Terms of Service and Disclaimer
- My research conclusions are drawn from the material available at the time of preparing my report. Additional material or new interpretations could subsequently become available which might change the findings in my report.
- ‘Research’ includes time spent researching, copying records and writing up the report.
- Total research hours will be agreed with the client before any research is undertaken.
- Research hours may be changed by mutual agreement between Connections Family History Research and the client.
- Clients should provide Connections Family History Research with relevant source documents wherever possible, to maximise research outcomes, avoid unnecessary research duplication and keep costs to a minimum.
- All client information is treated with the utmost confidentiality and is not shared with another individual or entity.
- At your request and with your permission, I may temporarily have viewing or management access of your DNA testing results from Ancestry.com or MyHeritage for the duration of my research period. Your DNA belongs to you and will not be shared with anybody else.
- My research findings will not be shared with anyone other than yourself. I will keep a copy of the report on my home computer and back up device only, for auditing purposes. You are welcome to share my report with whomever you wish.
- Family Tree Packages require a 50% advance payment, with the final 50% paid on completion.